Yahoo streamlinesits disparate operations into three core groups focused on its Web site's audience, advertising network and technology.
- Audience Group - focused on building the largest and most valuable audiences and relationships on and off the Yahoo! network, creating more unique, tailored and engaging experiences for Yahoo!'s valuable users.
- Advertiser & Publisher Group will lead the transformation of how advertisers connect with their target customers across the Internet, with the goal of driving more value for more advertisers and publishers than any other company.
- Technology Group will continue to support the entire organization
While its claim about recent accomplishments
- strategic partnership with the publishers of more than 150 U.S. daily newspapers to deliver search, graphical and classified advertising to consumers in their own communities;
- encouraging feedback on the roll-out of its new search advertising platform, known as Project Panama; partnership with Vodafone to create a new mobile phone advertising business; release of the beta version of its graphical advertising platform for the mobile Web in the United States, international expansion of Yahoo! Answers looks impressive – the market perception remains pretty much to be desired. I also noticed that the peanut butter manifesto has not been taken too seriously. Come to think of it,If Yahoo can undergo this turmoil, fate of the innumerable web wannabe's are best left to the imagaination of their backers.
Update : Terry Semel believes that Yahoo has the largest and most engaged audience in the world. He is looking to tap the thirty billion in advertising dollars will come online globally over the next five years and believes that Yahoo has the right strategy, the right structure and the right people to provide the best experiences and results possible to its users, advertisers and publishers. We have to wait and see.