RSS technology has suddenly become very hot as aggregators, advertisors began to bring this into mainstream in their considerations for promotion media .
Kanoodle, the online advertising network, joined with MoreOver, the news aggregator,to offer RSS based advertising with a service called BrightAds RSS. Enterprises,are building businesses that offer a variety of RSS-based services to publishers and corporations.Nooked announced lauch of corporate search directory recently. The reach of blogs as an alternate news source to the established media has created a new media for corporate monetize blog content. RSS feeds allow readers of blog content to subscribe to a blog and read the entries in a newsreader, or on a different web site. The RSS feeds of blogs get top mindshare as:
- RSS feed readers to website visitors gap is widening and this trend is expected to continue.
- Blog feed interwoven with ads can be offered as a separate service.
- Blog feeds may hog so much of bandwidth and may need lot of maintenance - bloglines goes down for scheduled maintenance regularly.
- Traffic analysis tools for RSS subscriptions are a different breed
User data and profile analysis are better used for targetted advertising by Feedreaders.Increasingly we shall see feedreaders providing
- Recommended readings by collabarative filtering
- Possibility of revenue being shared with blog owners based on volume of reads
- Feed reader families with trusted partners
- Help in rapid commercialisation of blogsites and provide important info like first to publish information details.
- Feedreaders may become similar to wire service news providers to some and specialised feed providers to another class of users - thus expanding the feed reading community.